Create the front end for an interactive application you envision. The interactive functionality will come next week — build the parts the user will see. For example, if a user needs to submit a form, build the form. Then build a page that is one of the possible results of submitting that form.
Due next class (2/11). Blog write-up due 8pm Feb 10.
Tech prep for next week
- Lynda.com Chapter 1 in Web Fundamentals class: http://www.lynda.com/Web-Web-Foundations-tutorials/Exploring-HTTP/158666/158679-4.html
- Intro to PHP
- Lynda.com: Introducing PHP http://www.lynda.com/PHP-tutorials/Introducing-PHP/123485-2.html
- Chapter 2, PHP Basics
- Chapter 3, control structures
- Chapter 5, section 1: Understanding the difference between POST and GET
- Lynda.com: PHP for Web Developers http://www.lynda.com/PHP-tutorials/Getting-form-input-sent-POST-method/146234/157674-4.html
- Chapter 5 – sending data with a form … through “using a loop to build a table” section
- If you prefer an interactive tutorial, see also: http://www.codecademy.com/tracks/php